Sunday, May 8, 2011

Junior prom.

Why didn't I think of logging this down earlier? The fact that I'm an idiot is probably why. Anyways, Last night I went to junior prom with AL, and it was amazing. I mean, I usually hate going to those sort of things, you know? I'm always wallowing in some back corner with a pretty dress, nice hair, and good make up all by myself. But you know what? I had a good goddamn time. I danced, I ate, I did everything I usually wouldn't do.

Well, first of all, I went for a nice two mile jog beforehand. I couldn't make a new PR because I had pulled an idiot moved and forgot to drink, so I got dehydrated on the way back. Not good. I made it home though in under 26 minutes, which is all that really matters to me. I went to Rite Aid and picked up some make up and got home got ready. I had some pretty good goddamn timing cause I did my hair and make up perfectly.

AL had arrived, and as he came to the door, he looked at me and said, "My parents are STARING right now aren't they." I look past him, and both of his parents are gawking at us. Awkward, but hilarious. I got my corsage, I got my ID. Picture taking time!

Love this picture of us!

Guess where I got my short genes from?


His mother and father!

Pictures were over, and off to prom we go!

So we get there and everyone is there, but it hasn't 'officially' started because people are just getting pictures taken, dinner hasn't been served and the dancefloor was empty. We take our seats and wait for the festivities to begin. 

Dinner~ We cut everyone because our table is right there and it looks like we're just waiting to sit. AL tells me to fill up a plate of food with him and so I did, but I actually didn't eat it all. VV worked there and that surprised me. I felt bad that she was missing out on the fight to be cleaning up after a bunch of juniors in high school. 

Dancefloor is open! GT, AJ, AL and I get out on the dancefloor and at first we don't know what to do. Eventually, we get more comfortable with ourselves and find ourselves dancing in a way that we didn't really think we would. All in good fun, though. I enjoyed it. We even slowdanced, and that was fun too! Watching the gay boys dance though made me kind of jealous, I mean, they could dance better than we could! 

Desserts were served~ Belgian chocolate cakes, cherry chocolate cakes, carrot cakes, chocolate eclaires, lemon squares, strawberry mousse, and cookies. I had a little of everything, but didn't actually finish anything. 

Too cute!

Back to dancing~

They crown king and queen and play 3 more songs, and prom is over. We're waiting to get picked up to go to applebees.

Ahh, I keep saying each picture is my favorite, but this is so cute~

We get to applebees and we eat very little. Mostly, we're talking and having a good time. 
We don't leave until around 1.

All in all, junior prom was great. I ate, I danced, I laughed, I forgot.
If only these moments could last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment