Friday, July 1, 2011

I've been okay lately,
not as bad as I have been these past
year
couple of months.
I haven't cried about the things I usually do.
I haven't thought about the things I usually do.
Maybe that's good.

I've been sick the past week of summer vacation.
Kind of sucks,
second week of summer vacation sick!
Just my luck.

I had a dream last night.
I had a dream last night that
I was
very very
sad.
I walked out my house
and up the street
with my glossy eyes.
I saw you come out your house,
orange and white pin-stripe blouse,
glasses set off to a slight tint,
your short, standing, silver hair combed over to the left,
and blue jeans.
I approached you.
wrapped my arms around you,
and buried my face in the space below your chest.
You were warm
and
I was cold.
Cold tears stained the front of your blouse,
and you picked me up
and
held me like you would trying to comfort a baby.
I wrapped my arms around your neck,
and cried into your left shoulder.
You are warm
so
so
warm.
I am cold.
So
so
cold.

Can I stay here
and
cry
just a little bit longer?

No comments:

Post a Comment